Introduction to DCIDA
The Dutchess County Industrial Development Agency (DCIDA) is a public benefit corporation created by state law in 1976 to promote economic development and job creation in Dutchess County. The DCIDA induces companies to invest capital in projects that create jobs and increase the county’s tax base, thereby improving the quality of life for Dutchess County residents.
The DCIDA’s benefits are:
- tax or tax-exempt bond financing for eligible projects
- lower interest rate than conventional financing
- qualified projects are exempt from New York State sales and uses tax
- exemption from mortgage taxes
- qualified projects are eligible for real property tax abatements